- Which companies, stores and professionals accept Bitcoin in Greece?
- How can I buy Bitcoin in Greece?
|The Cube||Coworking space||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|My Sunshine||Maternity and baby products||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|KEEN Organic Living||Children's apparel||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Aggelos Tavern||Tavern||Haidari, Attica, Greece|
|Bike Lounge||Bicycle shop||Marousi, Attica, Greece|
|Tsourapa Furniture||Furniture||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Omega Gaming Center||Gaming center||Alimos, Attica, Greece|
|daskaloi.gr||Education masketplace||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Yampouranis and Yampouranis||Lawyers||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Tic Tac||Data recovery||Elliniko, Attica, Greece|
|Biofire||Bioethanol fireplaces||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Casa del Bambino||Children's Clothing Store||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Sousourades||Women's clothes||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Clinical laboratory Pegklis Evangelos||Clinical laboratory||Kalyvia Thorikou, Attica, Greece|
|Priona Resort||Rooms to rent||Skotina, Pieria, Greece|
|Villa Pergola - Andros||Villas to rent||Andros, Cyclades, Greece|
|Paros Paradise Villas||Villas to rent||Paros, Cyclades, Greece|
|Savvas Sandals||Leather sandals worthshop||Rhodes, Greece|
|PetWorkz||Pet shop||Voula, Attica, Greece|
|Anik Snacks||Zante foodstuff||Agia Paraskevi, Attica, Greece|
|Innoview||Web sites, e-shops, mobile apps||Αττική, Greece|
|Pointer.gr||Web hosting and domain name provider||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|E64.gr||Web development||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Papaki.gr||Web hosting and domain provider||Heraklion, Crete, Greece|
|Easy.gr||Telephony, Web hosting and domain provider||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Digitech4all.eu||Computer and cellphone shop||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Skytech||Computer shop||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|allVoIP||VoIP Telephony||Neo Iraklio, Attica, Greece|
|Computer Lab||Computer shop||Nikaia, Attica, Greece|
|HostChefs||Website Design & Hosting||Volos, Greece|
|Advanced Computing||IT solutions||Thessaloniki and Halkidiki, Greece|
|Hotwater||Plumbing, heating, air conditioning, natural gas||Aegaleo, Attica, Greece|
|Digifort||Home security||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Fit.gr||Food supplements||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Meat Pro||School for Butchers||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Sign New Media Advertising||Outdoor Advertising, Signs and Brochures, 2107718181, [email protected]||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Mybrand Shoes||Shoe Shop||Petroupoli, Attica, Greece|
|3DMagic||3D Printing||Ilion, Attica, Greece|
|Pharmacy128||Pharmacy||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Ergobyte||Software and Website Development||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Athera||Geospatial Information||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Carnet||Car accessories||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Petros Kasapides||Thessaloniki TAXI services, 6946591591, [email protected]||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Movement and Function||Physiotherapy center||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|SOFTWeb||Internet and mobile app services||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|ELTA shop at Pagkrati||Post Office||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Hersonissos Pharmacy||Pharmacy||Hersonissos, Heraklion, Crete, Greece|
|Nostos||Restaurant||Agia Marina, Chania, Crete, Greece|
|KAOL Energy Solutions||Energy systems||Zante, Greece|
|Kimioni Pharmacy||Pharmacy||Elliniko, Attica, Greece|
|Vrana Pharmacy and e-farmacy.gr||Pharmacy and online pharmacy||Elliniko, Attica, Greece|
|Green Grow||Hydroponic products||Glyfada, Attica, Greece|
|Galinos.gr||Pharmaceutical drug guide||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Medicine & Surgery Center||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery - Oral Medicine - Oral Implantology||Agia Paraskevi, Attica, Greece|
|Dr Aias-Theodoros Papastavrou||Ear Nose Throat doctor||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Medical Dent||Dentist||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Teddywear||Children's apparel and shoes||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Directshop||Computer eshop||Ioannina, Greece|
|WebToner||Printer ink and toner||Aspropyrgos, Attica, Greece|
|OK Anytime Market Agia Paraskevi||Mini super market. Franchise page||Agia Paraskevi, Attica, Greece|
|Lennon Eco-gastrobar||Cafe||Patras, Greece|
|Pytheas Group||Sand blasting specialists||Patras, Greece|
|Apela||Lakonia business guide and photography services||Sparta, Greece|
|Ap. Th. Kyritsi Pharmacy||Pharmacy||Karditsa, Greece|
|DeltaHacker||Greek e-magazine for computers and hacking||Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece|
|Pistacia Natura||Cosmetics based on pistachio oil (accepts Bitcoin in-store only)||Aegina, Greece|
|EKIVOLOS||Car roadworthiness certification||Istiaia, Evia, Greece|
|Englouvi's Lentils||Lentil farmer||Englouvi, Lefkada, Greece|
|Chronostore||Wrist watch store||Corfu, Greece|
|Here Comes The Paint TShirt Printing||TShirt Printing||Attica, Greece|
|Cardia Cafe||Coffee shop||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Alexandros Hair Salon||Hair salon||Athens, Attica, Greece|
|Oranje Beach Bar||Beach Bar||Almyros, Magnisia, Greece|
|Fitness Tempo||Gym||Trikala, Thessaly, Greece|
|Apartments||Short term lets. Contact [email protected]||Thessaloniki, Trikala, Kalambaka, Almyros|
|Win2||Civil Engineers||Πανόραμα, Μακεδονία, Ελλάδα|
|University of Nicosia||University||Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Gyft||US gift cards (Amazon.com, eBay, Hotels.com, ...)||International|
|eGifter||US gift cards (Skype, Amazon.com, eBay, Hotels.com, ...)||International|
|GiftOff||European gift cards (Amazon.co.uk, Skype, Spotify, Google Play, ...)||International|
- At the BitcoinsGreece Bitcoin ATM (only Euro -> Bitcoin) at the Orizontes bookshop, Thiveou Ioannou 20, Aharnes 13671, Attica at the outskits of Athens. They charge 7% over the Kraken exchange rate.
- At the BCash Bitcoin ATM (buy & sell) at Dimitrakopoulou 84, Athens, near the Syggrou-Fix Metro station. There is an ATM at Kalokairinou 64 at Heraklion, Crete that sells Bitcoin. You can also buy Bitcoin with a voucher at the Aegean gas station at Thivon avenue & Krinis Str, Athens 18233. Watch this video on how to buy Bitcoin from the BCash ATM. They charge 7% over the Kraken exchange rate.
- At the Bitcoin ATM run by GroupBTC Greece at Kosta Varnali 2-4, Ermeion 3 shopping centre, Dourou Square, Halandri 15233. Charges a fee of 6% over Coinbase for Euro -> Bitcoin and 4% for Bitcoin -> Euro.
- At any Bitcoin exchange in the world, via a bank transfer. Due to the capital controls in Greece, as of October 2016 you can wire up to €1000 abroad per month with no prior approval or paperwork. This method incurs the lowest fees, assuming you send the amount using a SEPA transfer (a Greek bank can charge as low as €1 for a SEPA transfer). Some exchanges that accept SEPA transfers are Kraken, Coinbase and BitStamp.
- At a Bitcoin exchange that accepts debit or credit cards. An exchange that accepts Greek cards is Coinbase and charges 3.99%. Some Greek banks do not allow their cards to be used at some Bitcoin exchanges.
At the [BTCGreece](https://www.btcgreece.com) exchange that accepts transfers at their Greek bank accounts.
- From a private Bitcoin trader you can find on Localbitcoins or at BuyBitcoin.gr. You can exchange Euros with them using any method you want, e.g. in person, via Paypal, Western Union, Piraeus Bank Instant Cash (Lefta Sto Lepto), bank transfer etc.
- From the BitcoinsGreece Bitcoin exchange that accepts cash at the EasyPay Piraeus Bank machines or via a deposit at their Piraeus Bank and Eurobank accounts. They also accept deposits at a German bank.
- From the BCash Bitcoin exchange via deposit at a Greek bank. They sell up to €5000 of Bitcoin per person per day and charge a 9% fee.
From the Chip-Chap Bitcoin exchange that accepts cash at the EasyPay Piraeus Bank machines or via a deposit at their Piraeus Bank account. They charge 5% over the Kraken exchange rate at the time of purchase, that can be a few hours after your deposit. Here are some sample instructions:
Use use the Chip-Chap Android app or we visit https://web.chip-chap.com and select EasyPay. At this time the iOS app does not support EasyPay. Alternatively we can access the same service via https://trade.holytransaction.com.
We enter our Bitcoin address that we want to receive the Bitcoin at. We should have generated this address in our existing Bitcoin wallet already (for a list of wallets consult https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet). On Chip-Chap we create an account with an email and password. Chip-Chap will use this address to email us a receipt and the reference code we must use in our bank deposit. Chip-Chap asks us to select a deposit amount between €10 and €500.
At the next screen Chip-Chap tells us that we can now proceed to deposit the Euro amount at a Piraeus Bank account with a reference code that is unique to this transaction. We can deposit cash at an EasyPay Piraeus Bank machine or transfer the money from another bank, including from banks in Greece:
If we want to transfer the money from a Bank, we convert this bank account number to an IBAN format:
Here is what the transfer looks like from another Greek Bank:
A few hours after we deposit the money we will receive Bitcoin in our wallet:
Sample receipt from Chip-Chap:
Last update: 2017-09-15